Wednesday 16 January 2013

Long Time No See and a Celebration

I realize it has been nearly two months since my last post. That's a real shame, i've lost touch with my ECE comrades on this journey to enrich children's lives by allowing them to be children and the fight to bring back that natural and instinctive need to play.

You see it's been a bit of a struggle to remain motivated and true to my philosophy. We are celebrating our first year anniversary of our little centre. Today marks a day of reflection for me, and a day of 'another thing to celebrate' for the children.


I has been quite a year. We have had some big ups and downs. Yes, the good out weighs the negative. I am forever grateful to all the families that believed in my contribution to their children's lives. If you think about it, I spend the majority of the waking moments with these children. It's a responsibility I don't take lightly.



I myself personally have gone through some major peaks and valleys. There were some weeks/days where I thought I have chosen the wrong profession, cried my little heart out and lost sleep over the passion I have for children, had my philosophy challenged, had second thoughts about my role in the children's lives, and even a lack of motivation at times. But those negatives are a blip in the wonderful year we have had. I believe that the children's well being is being fostered daily in the program, that the children have wonderful memories to take with them in life, I have also grown myself over the year, and the relationships that I have fostered with each family is so precious. The children are a fabulous bunch, and we are pioneers in the fight to give back children their childhood, one that I hope that as the children grow, they will have a voice to say, 'remember when.....' and share their memories so others can be inspired. We have had amazing moments, and the year to come will be filled with so many more!



So as we celebrate our 'first birthday' I can be thankful that we have all been brought together to learn together, grow together, and most importantly play together.










No comments:

Post a Comment