Tuesday 24 January 2012

Inspiration!

Rain is part of our daily curriculum. It's something that no matter what, we have to learn to not only tolerate it, but embrace it. As I'm writing this it seems that a MONSOON has overtaken our outside. It's nice to look out at on a day like this, but we have also learned to make the best of it.

I have only recently taken to reading other amazing blogs to reap from others, wisdom and experience but also to take in some inspiring ideas. Of course when one looks at the photo of our playspace outside it seems that it has a long way to go, and it does! When you look at this space it has so much potential, and sometimes I use the weather as a bit of an excuse. With it being so poorly outside, not to mention biting cold with all that wetness, it seems the only thing appealing is to either take shelter under a tree, or embrace it and dig in the mud! Many of our little folks have chosen the latter, but there must be more to do! My brain is scattered with a million ideas, 
and each one exciting in my mind. It's been a long road getting to where we are today, and granted I have only lived in this lovely home for four months, and much of that time has been busy creating the 'bones' of the space. So here's to planning on getting going on my many thoughts and endeavours. 
I have enjoyed reading the likes of http://progressiveearlychildhoodeducation.blogspot.com/ and http://teachertomsblog.blogspot.com/ and countless others! These blogs have provided some inspiration as well as motivation to enrich the children's lives with some unique and creative wanderings. The first blog is creative as far as ideas and thoughts, but one can't help but remember that Australia weather is a FAR different extreme than here, so some ideas will be reserved for those fun summer days... what a summer it will be! As far as inspiration from someone who embraces the wet like we do, the latter blog has been my go to for motivation on those days that I think, I just can't be creative today. So thanks Teacher Tom for that, from both the children and myself. I love that you and I get to experience the same weather extremes, with you being so close by, it makes me feel less like a looney for taking the children out on days like this. It really is so much fun when you play like the rain comes around once a year! 
So any outdoor inspiration? Send them my way, i'd love to hear it!

No comments:

Post a Comment