Friday 27 April 2012

Diversity

We will get to part 2 of our dandelion series on our next post, but I wanted to share a lovely thing that happened today.

We took a trip to our local library, and on the way back we stopped in at the bakery to pick up a little something. While we were in the shop a man walked in. As much as I want to say that the children do not notice differences, they are aware, but the are accepting. You see this man had one leg. 
So I know this wonderful man will probably not see this, but in the event that he does, I want to say thank you for allowing the children to ask you questions, and for your kindness in answering those questions so patiently and with such openness. I know some of the questions were silly, like did the doctor throw your leg in the garbage? To children these questions are important, and you recognized that. Thank you also for showing the children how you can hop on one leg... in the middle of a tiny bakery!

No comments:

Post a Comment