Monday 23 April 2012

'It's just so squishy'

We have never been ones to shy away from getting messy, and even getting right up to our elbows and beyond. Shaving cream sensory play is an activity we engage in quite often. It's fun, it's messy, it's smells nice, and well, it's just so squishy. 
Usually this activity is a whole table experience... right onto the table, and well, i'm embarrassed to admit... I wasn't feeling it on this particular day. This was my attempt at 'containing the mess' but allowing for the experience to happen. 
These photos are just the beginning of what happened this day. It started out as I had 'planned', but quickly, it became an experience, one that I did not want to miss out on, nor did I want to stop. These photos showcase the process that lead to me jumping in with the children, thus disabling me from photographing the experience. But, rest assured the shaving cream was even in our hair! Sometimes we just need to let go, and jump in! It was very therapeutic. If ever you are having one of those days, just spray a little shaving cream on the table, or the floor, or wherever and squish it, even squish it between your toes. The children can join in with you, or you can enjoy the moment yourself (I won't tell).














No comments:

Post a Comment