Tuesday 6 March 2012

TEAM= Together We Achieve More!

I have been a bit slack! But this amazing thing happened last week, and I was fortunate enough to capture it all on camera. It warms my heart. 
It all started with an excited child tossing his Toque in the air. But the problem was... it LANDED ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE FENCE!!! So we were on the case to rescue the wayward hat. The first suggestion was to just go out the gate and into the neighbour's yard. But my mischievous brain got the better of me and I decided to challenge the children by encouraging them to find a solution on this side of the fence!


The Problem

 The first attempt. One of our digging shovels... but it was too short!
You might not know this, but on the other side of that fence was an 'adult' digging shovel. So I could easily reach over a grab it for them, but I encouraged them to solve the problem... a problem within a problem, one might say! So team work ensued and the children worked together to push our tinkering table closer to the fence.

 It was a bit wobbly, but teamwork AGAIN... the children held the table still while one brave child climbed on top.
 The shovel is retrieved!
Oooh, i'm really mischievous!! The children still had trouble reaching the shovel over the fence (being vertically challenged once again reared it's ugly head!), so the idea was put forward by one of the children that our ride on car tipped on it's side might make up the difference needed.

Did it work?

It's over the fence!!

Getting closer!!!

YES!!!!
Celebrations all around. Hooray for working together! I will point out that this toque was QUITE far from the fence, so it was pretty spectacular.

Art provocation for tomorrow. I wonder what the children will do with all this. My thought is weaving, but i'm interested to see what they come up with.

A close up of the ribbon laid out on the table... a perfect canvass for weaving, but we'll have to wait and see!

I'm quite excited to share this photo with the children tomorrow. This is what our backyard sky looked like after all the children had left for the day. It was beautiful!!



No comments:

Post a Comment