Friday 25 May 2012

Green Tubes

I can't get over how easily everyone has taken to our loose part program, and we have been donated some truly neat items. The green tubes are no exception to the things that, otherwise would be thrown away and we have made use of them. A few months ago when a friend of mine gave me six boxes of these green tubes I was so eager to see what we could do with them. They have been used in a variety of ways over the last few months, including the base for a carnival game for my church, but not really in the ways I thought they would be used, they mostly were mostly being used to throw around, and as little cups in the playhouse. I'll be honest in saying, I really was starting to think that maybe I had taken more than we could handle, but they still remained outside ready for a lightbulb moment. Today that happened!
We had a new child start today, and interestingly she gravitated immediately to these tubes, and pretty quickly all the children's eyes were open to the possibility of discovery!
Look at all the things that happened with these green tubes, it was awesome! It was everything from binoculars, to waterwings, to giant muscles, to socks, to a castle, all the way to a giant tunnel!




















No comments:

Post a Comment