Friday 4 May 2012

The things we learn through play

Over the last few weeks I have been noticing a few additional bumps and bruises creeping up. Now that we are approaching the warmer weather, we do not have quite as much padding on our bodies, so the scrapes are a little more apparent. The children are quite comfortable with getting the odd scrape and bruise and after a moment or two of tears, they are usually off running and laughing again. I have been observing quite a bit of empathy being exhibited amoungst the children, and they are only too eager to run to the freezer for an ice pack for their friends. The children have also been right there as I apply a band-aid or two, or hovering (usually in the light) as I search for a splinter with the tweezers. As a direct result of this interest in helping each other, and the innate desire to stick band aids all over ourselves the children were very excited to discover a corner set up for just that purpose. With a few extra little bits it's become quite a popular area! 


We had this machine laying around, not sure what it's really for, but it looks very medical-like. The children have been using it for a wide variety of things everything from stethoscopes to telephones. It has two instruments attached by wires, it's pretty neat!

After most of the bandaids had been massacred and stuck all over each other's bodies, the children were looking for a patient. All the children were eager to be the doctor, so who better to be the guinea pig than me? I gave the camera to one of the doctors who enjoyed taking pictures of me being 'doted' on! 





I'm being X-Ray'd, of course! Then my diagnoses was that my body just was old, that's all, and I was left with a prescription to take two smarties. I felt very well taken care of, and would recommend this hospital to anyone.... seriously, anyone else?!?! My eyebrows are barely there after a few bandaids were applied and ripped off. But really, they were gentle;)

After being doted on, I was left there abandoned as the children moved on to something else. I'm sure another day someone else will take the bait and sit in as the patient. If not, there are always those little dolls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment