Wednesday 8 February 2012

Barns, who needs Barns?

Our tree block are fast becoming the critical item in our play. This was creative play in motion that I came across this morning. It was so neat to see the different levels of the animals, I love that some of the animals are on pedestals! It reminded me of the hills that one might find on a farm! 


This was concentration at work. This took a great deal of patience and trial and error. Look at the symmetry! Those coloured blocks are counter top samples that I picked up at Urban Source a few weeks back, and at closer inspection I discovered that the supplier is from the company my brother used to work for... how did I miss out on that years ago!


The children are encouraged to develop their own designs and creations, but for those times that we're having a 'creativity block' (because even children get stuck), this is some inspiration pieces. I love that we've had a big discussion about Buckingham Palace (because we've sent the Queen an invitation to join us for snack), and that we were able to see a picture of the Tower Bridge, and that's where the Golden Jubilee Celebration will kick off!


 I love the interpretations that these blocks take on. This horse is clearly jumping the fence! The child even kindly placed a block on the other side, to make the jump a little easier! 
Did you know that some of our tree blocks make perfect stoppers for our cardboard tubes? Now you know!

1 comment:

  1. We LOVE tree cookies too Jolene! We see children adding them to everything from construction to playdough to imaginative play. We've even seen them end up in the paint pots and used for stamping ... Children just adore them!
    Donna :) :)

    ReplyDelete