Thursday 9 February 2012

Dream our Paintings, then Painting our Dreams

We took our paints outside and decorated it up. It was pure excitement! It took no direction from me, other than just putting the tray of paint with a few 'hundred' paint brushes (I just grabbed our whole stash!) on the ground in front of the glass railing. 

At first the children waited, I'm pretty sure for some paper (we're still a new centre and i'm sure the children are just not used to the freedom to create!). The first child gingerly picked up a paintbrush and started to paint the glass. The other children looked at me for approval to which I in turn picked up a paintbrush and started to paint on the other side of the glass. We were in beautiful sync for a few minutes. The other children almost at once dove right in!

The wonderful advantage to this project is that one child picked up a leaf and dipped it in the paint and started to paint with it, something that would not have necessarily occurred inside! 

This morning the children were excited to discover a little display of gems and glass beads with a few interesting other materials. 
The creativity exploded!



I'm intrigued by the material it was laid out on. It was a strange piece of packing paper. I don't know who got the most out of the material. Myself or the children! I couldn't keep my hands off of it, it had such a strange texture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment